Translate

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Clara & Marina, why they can make a difference. Please read this. The message matters and they deserve it. We all do.



Please reblog, retweet, repost, retumblr, anywhere you can, if this matters to you too.




The girls at Clarina Portugal have created a video for the campaign ClarinaAmorSemCensura. It tells us and everyone else why a wonderful story like this deserves to be viewed as any other romantic story ever shown on television. Not only is this a beautiful tale of love, it's the story of two women who have come a long way since they fell madly and hopelessly in love at first sight, rediscovered themselves through each other, still fight to be together and have some ways to go. But, I have absolute faith that they will get there, they will find each other. Their feelings literally scream at me from my screen and there is no denying that this is true love we're talking about.

As it happens, I think a story of true love should not be censored just because the same-sex pairing isn't right according to some. According to a whole lot of others, this pairing is fine. More than fine. Just like any other love story, this one needs to be told in all its wonderful glory. Why? Because this one is special. It's raw, it's real, I believe it, it takes me along for the ride in all the ways I want it to.

So on top of the video, I am going to explain to you why exactly this story matters so much to me and to others and I will do that in all the magnificent details I can manage to find, which believe me, is a lot. So sit back and I hope you will let me take you along and make you see it, I hope I can make you feel why these gorgeous ladies deserve to have their story shared with us, without anyone holding back for reasons most of us stopped understanding a long time ago.



-----------------------------------------

Clara and Marina gifted us with one of the most wonderful and sensual story lines I have ever had the pleasure to witness. Their story has us hypnotized and it has been doing so for the past two months. They have been showing us a love so wonderful that it had our hearts racing from the very first moment, it took our breath away as their eyes first met and made us wish we were there in person so that just like them, we could feel the goosebumps and sense the electricity in the air. It made us melt away when they couldn't stop looking at each other while they asked themselves quietly why they just couldn't stop smiling.



And who wouldn't fall in love with Marina? Tainá Müller radiates such pure beauty and sensuality, she walks with such pride and elegance that it seems like she's floating instead. When she smiles it's like the sun appears from behind clouds that aren't even there, but when her smile is just for you, it's like that same sun only comes up to warm the very spot you stand on. Her charm, the fire in her eyes, she had us confused whether we wanted to be her or if we'd rather be with her, before we figured out it didn't matter either way. The moment she saw Clara for the very first time the rest of the room went instantly silent even though the music kept playing. She couldn't look away even if she had wanted to, at the same she knew it would be useless to try. As she sought Clara's eyes and quickly caught them, Marina instantly realized she was so hopelessly lost and she knew she'd met the woman she'd been searching for in all the women she ever met.

Clara didn't even realize how much of an impact her presence had nor how captivated she was herself by Marina's mere presence. Marina wanted to keep Clara's eyes all night and we wanted her to look at us the way she looked at Clara. That night we all wanted to be Clara so we could get lost in those eyes and see that fire. We wanted to be those eyes, to feel so dizzy with instant fascination and desire because you finally found the one you were looking for. We wanted to be them both, to feel what they felt that night. We just really wanted to be there.



Their story had begun. While Marina knew exactly what all those feelings meant, she was still overwhelmed by how swiftly they had come out of nowhere, how they had taken her completely by surprise and how helpless she was to fight them. Clara on the other hand was married, had a son and was content with her life and the world as it was. As such, she was hopelessly unprepared for this wonderful new universe she was about to be thrown in. She found herself dealing with new and powerful sensations she never knew existed, feelings that affected her so much that neither her body nor her mind knew how to contain them and before she knew it, she found herself on an emotional journey filled with confusion and self-discovery, but also discovered a new kind of happiness she didn't ever want to let go of. She found a joy in her heart that made her see the world and herself in a whole new light. She couldn't describe how she felt, all she knew was that it felt amazing. Happiness had been given a whole new meaning and although she didn't know what it meant exactly, she knew it had something to do with Marina.

Giovanna Antonelli had us mesmerized from the start. Her beauty, the passion in her eyes, the confusion in her voice, the tremble in her body, the way she talks without speaking, her raw talent has shown us in masterful ways what it's supposed to be like to fall in love and how you can lose yourself in emotions and desire. She didn't just show us. She made us feel it.

By the time Clara realized which way she was headed, she feared what this meant for her family, her husband, her son, her life and the implications. She attempted to reverse course, but found no way out. Her heart had given her all the hints, pointers and warnings it was able to give but by the time she found out how to listen, it didn't matter anymore. She had completely lost her heart and it became clear to her that the only place she knew to look for it, was Marina. She slowly came to terms with her own feelings and while trying to understand the meaning of it all, she surprised even herself by realizing she may have given her heart to Marina willingly and wasn't actually sure she wanted her to give it back.



The journey of Clara and Marina is still far from over, every time Giovanna and Tainá appear together on screen the air sizzles and even when they are not in the same room the other is always present. We can feel their desire when their eyes meet, the passion that radiated from a simple touch, a tiny gesture rewarded with a smile only reserved for moments like these and for each other. As we watched them evolve into what they are today, we found ourselves longing for them just to be in the same room, because Tainá and Giovanna made us become so involved in their story that it had almost become our own. We fought their internal struggles with them as they searched for a way to first come to terms and later come together and we are still searching, as their story is still being told and they have yet to discover the way.

In the meantime we got to experience a kind of love and desire you only get once in your life, we felt the joy as they danced around after a photo shoot without knowing why, the butterflies when they looked at each other a certain way. It made us want to hide away in a corner along with Marina when she thought all was lost and it hurt more than she had before, we were sad, wished so hard that we could give Clara the answer she couldn't find although she already felt that the mere question alone was turning her world upside down. We wanted to call her, write her, show her, anything to let her know: 'This is it, this is love! This is what it was supposed to feel like all this time!'.

She kept finding her way to Marina because she just couldn't stay away no matter how hard she tried. We'd whisper the words ourselves that we wanted Clara to tell her and that Marina needed to hear and we didn't notice our own eyes had teared up until long after she finally did and we were still echoing the words.



Not often do we get to see two people fall in love in such a true, predestined, raw, pure and inevitable manner, the air was electrified from the very first moment their eyes first met and the charge didn't fade over time but only got more intense. Watching them feel what they felt made me not just believe their story but to this day it brings me a joy, a natural comfort, it makes me believe. A love as beautiful and real as this one made us cling to our screen, wishing they'd finally give in to their desires so they could finally let go, be themselves, be true to what they were feeling, as so many others are feeling it all around the world.

Giovanna Antonelli portrays Clara to perfection, made us identify with the housewife, who at first can't figure out what on earth is happening to her. So used to her married life, never once did it occur to her she could fall in love with a woman. It didn't matter anymore, it had already happened and when she finally realized her own feelings she was so far beyond the point of no return that all she saw when she looked back were her own memories of all the moments with Marina that made her fall even deeper and she had no choice but to accept. The change Clara undergoes throughout her journey is so subtle, that you don't realize how radical it was until it hits you how much Clara has changed. This is mainly due to the pure talent, dedication and passion that Giovanna brings to the role. She gives it her everything and it's amazing to see her put her spirit in Clara, how this new world she discovered made her grow into a version of herself that never realized what she was missing, but is now finally realizing how wonderful life could be and how Marina is the one that showed her the way.

Tainá Müller sweeps you off your feet from the first moment she enters the screen and puts all her passion and charm into Marina's character. When we get to know her, she's instantly fascinating, intoxicating, even slightly intimidating. Tainá possesses a certain kind of sensuality that she gives to Marina, the kind you can't fake if you don't have it in you, but if you do have it, it's simply always there. She owns Marina's confidence at the start of the story but makes her vulnerabilities and uncertainties later on just as believable. She too undergoes a radical change and it's amazing to see Clara and Marina go through this together, able to grow into the person they are supposed to be because they showed each other the way.

Clara and Marina, I dread the day their story ends, but I know I will be loving them long after that. They make you feel it all, the desire and the love, so pure it overwhelms you and you didn't see it coming. I got so invested in their story, just like them, once I realized it there was no way back. I don't even want a way back. I wanna see and feel every moment of it, I want to see them finally find each other, I want to see them face the world together and be the rock when the other needs them to be, I want to hear them whisper I love you's and I want to feel the temperature rise as they find themselves unable to resist each other any longer and are finally allowed to release everything they had to hold back all this time.



This story makes me feel wonderful, I feel the passion and affection, the desire, the love, but also the heartache, the hurt of waiting, the uncertainty, the vulnerability. I can feel it all and I won't have it any other way, because this is what love is. Love is raw, it's cruel, sensitive, amazing, ruthless and powerful. It's real.

Something capable of making people feel emotions that powerful, that story deserves to be told. It shouldn't matter that it's about two women. War and violence on television, nobody raises an eyebrow anymore. Children grow up thinking it's a part of everyday life, which it is, whether we like it or not. But while we teach young people that those things are normal, shouldn't we also teach them how to love?

You can choose who you marry. You say a few words and it's done. You can't choose who you love. You can ignore how you feel, marry someone you don't love, but in the end you'll wonder why you chose to be unhappy, because others told you something you stopped believing a long time ago. Young people need to be taught that loving someone is not a bad thing. You can't control those feelings, it happens to you. Should you be punished for something you didn't choose because someone else has a problem with it? Love fills the soul with joy, being with the person you love enables you to be truly happy. If I am happy, what difference does it make who someone else is happy with? Their life doesn't affect mine. Their love doesn't affect me or my life. It's not up to me who someone falls in love with, it's not even up to them.

The only thing up to me, is my own happiness. I plan to be true to that. If everyone around me finds their own happiness, I really don't care who they are happy with, as long as they are happy together. Falling in love is not a choice. Forcing people to choose unhappiness, that's a choice. It's not one I'd want to live with. A lot of people nowadays still force others to choose a life of unhappiness because someone claims they have that right to do so.

You don't.

You don't have the right to choose my happiness or anyone else's. You have the right to choose your own. I sincerely hope you find it and that when you do, you make the right choice. Don't let anyone claim they have the right to do it for you.

So this world we live in, we have a long way to go. Some nations and countries have accepted two people of the same gender in a marriage. Some have not. For some people, it's still a taboo. It's still that thing that someone else once told them was wrong. Not everyone is going to change their mind about this, it's unrealistic to think everybody will. Some people are open to new ideas and will listen to arguments. Some might decide they were wrong and they see now that it doesn't matter. Some might not be convinced. We can't change everyone's mind and it would be naive to think that we could. But we have to start somewhere, so why not here?

If there was ever a story about love, true, raw, deep love, if there was ever a story able to make people relate to others, to convince people to give this another thought... this right here is the one.

Something so beautiful and so passionate deserves a chance to be seen by everyone. Everyone should be allowed the chance to love these characters, to hurt when they do and burst with joy another day. because this is life, and this is what happens when life happens. This is love.

Giovanni Antonelli and Tainá Müller, the actresses that portray Clara and Marina, they believe this too. Manoel Carlos, the rest of the cast and crew, the people behind the scenes, the creators of Em Familia, they all believe it. They believe that everyone should be able to find love, to feel it as it's supposed to feel. They believe in this story, just as much as I do.

It matters, because it's about all of us. All these people worked really hard to get to this point and that is amazing and already an accomplishment. But we are not there yet. We won't be there until we get to a point where showing this story on television is normal. A love story, something to show your kids and tell them that's what love should be like.

Whatever is considered normal to show on television in a relationship between a man and a woman, all that should be normal for relationships with two people of the same gender. As long as it's still a subject that needs to be discussed, that makes my fingers itch because I simply can't fathom how something so beautiful in my eyes is considered wrong in others, we're not there yet. As long as I feel I need to write something so elaborate, so true to my own emotions, when I feel I must not fail, not with this and I must do the absolute best job I can to phrase this because the message is so important, as long as my fingers get that itch, we're not there yet. I believe we can do this, because I believe in people, in good intentions, in wanting to do the right thing by others, in having the freedom to say yes to love. I believe in love itself.

And I believe in Clara and Marina and the relevance of their message.

I hope you believe it with me, because everybody should get the chance to feel love like it's supposed to feel and everyone should have the freedom to make up their own mind about what is actually right and wrong. Take this freedom, own it, decide for yourself, maybe you'll be surprised and it won't be so bad after all. Or maybe you can see it as I do.

As something truly beautiful.







Thank you for reaching it all the way to here, I know it was a long read and I am sorry.
But if this matters to you too, please leave a comment, but at least spread the word. Thank you.


#ClarinaAmorSemCensura
#BelieveInClarina
#Clarina














MEDIA INQUIRES

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant, thank for u support

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colette, I usually read what you post but I almost never comment, I love the passion and wisdom that I find in your words. I have never felt so touched by them like I'm with this master piece.

    Thank you it's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words :)
      The girls deserve every emotion I threw into it :P

      Delete
  3. You are amazing. Thank you for shinning this light. I stumbled upon this story and fell in love with love. How beautiful it is to just love and be loved no matter the form. This story needs to be told and their love should not be denied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means a lot. :) I basically threw my heart and soul into this piece simply because they deserve it. Their story is so wonderfully built up and everything, all part of teaching a resilient audience to accept what's out there. Even the parts that at first seem bad for the girls are part of a bigger picture. With everything we have seen so far, I have no doubt in my mind that they will be together, I can't wait for it to happen. Do me a favor? Share this piece of text around through Social Media or however else you can think of? I'm hoping to convince as many people as I can :P I'd be very grateful. Beijos! ;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for writing this...for the past 3 months I have talked constantly about Clara and Marina to all my friends. They don't understand what it is about them that has piqued my fascination. I have tried to explain it, but I will send them your wonderful explanation which so eloquently expresses what I feel about their story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is such a wonderful thing to say. Sorry for taking so long to reply, but believe me, it's appreciated :D

      Delete
  5. Hi, i am a fan of Clarina from Asia. I got to know about them after getting Tumblr Reblogs celebrating the union of Clarina at the end of Ém Familia. I loved your blog and this post as well. Great analysis and kudos for your hardwork. I am straight and i celebrate a beautiful love story like that of Clarina. Its all about Love.Its a wonderful job done by both Giovana and Taina and the creator Manoel. Congratulations to the whole team. I hope that the journey of Clarina inspires more and more people. #LoveIsLove. [Regards, maverick]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got interested on this story coz it's very similar to mine...minus the happy ending..

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?